Welcome

Hello,

This once travel/painting blog has molded into my Australia blog. I came out to Australia to make something of myself, and that is what I plan to do. Feel free to follow me on this journey.

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Northern Beaches

Sorry, no picture this time. I have been working on several paintings at the same time in different stages but I don't have a complete one to post just yet. Soon though. These ones are really coming along and will be well worth the wait.

Yesterday was the first beautiful day we've had in a while. Save for a few puff little clouds, the sky was big, blue and full of sun shine. Everett and I took advantage of the weather and spent our afternoon along the coast of Sydney's Northern Beaches not far from where we live. We caught a bus to South Curl Curl and enjoyed a casual stroll along the beaches and cliff faces that lined our route. We finished up in Manly just as the sun was tucking behind buildings and shops. It felt a bit surreal. Coming from western United States, the few ocean sunsets I'd seen always set over the ocean. However, out here on the east coast of Australia it's the opposite. It tends to throw off my internal compass a bit. As the shadows from Manly slowly extinguished the last few sunny spots of sand, we decided to call it a day. We caught a bus home and had a nice big bowl of pasta for dinner. A great way to end a perfect day.

No comments:

Post a Comment