Yesterday Everett and I took a trip into the city to check out the saturday markets in The Rocks. We had a lovely day tasting different homemade foods and buying a few locally handcrafted souvenirs. Later that afternoon we walked across the Harbor Bridge to Milsons Point where we relaxed on a bench near the water and gazed at the wondrous city of Sydney. It wasn't the comfiest of benches however we had the most amazing view. Before us was the bridge, opera house and city catching the suns light as it poked through the clouds. In an effort to chapter the beauty of it all, I quickly sketched two little scenes. My first being the vauntcourier to the painting attached of Sydney's famous opera theater, and the second.... well,I guess you will just have to wait and see. It was a quick train ride from there to Chatswood followed by a bus ride home. The end to a perfect day.
Today was a great day as well. The sun came out for the better part of the morning, allowing our bushwalk with my friend Jacenta and her son to be most pleasing. I was amazed at the amount of bushland that's hidden throughout the suburbs of Sydney. It felt a bit like we were off the map, somewhere outback following an old bushfire trail, yet we were just an hour or so from the city center, and 15 minutes from home. There seams to be something new about the area to discover every day. At times I feel a bit like we are explorers. There are some many neat places that even other Sydneyers haven't heard about. I can see why some people live here their whole lives. Between the city, beaches, and bush you'd never get bored! Unfortunately Everett will only be here another couple of weeks. We'll make the best of it!
No comments:
Post a Comment