I am quite happy with how this last painting turned out. The pinks and yellows of the sunset caught in the clouds isn't shone in the photograph but on canvas its stunning. Though this scene is from a photograph of Russell Island taken several weeks ago I'm instantly taken back to the sunset sausage sizzle we had on the beach when I look at it. The mood of the evening was definitely captured in the warm glow of the setting sun on the land and water. This was achieved by undercoating the painting first with a thin layer of raw sienna. I will have to try this with my next couple of paintings and see what different effects I can get with other colors.
Expect to see more painting over the next few days. The weather forecast here in Sydney predicts lots of rain this week. Everett and I plan to focus on indoor activities. I hear the city has a great rock climbing gym.
No comments:
Post a Comment