Welcome

Hello,

This once travel/painting blog has molded into my Australia blog. I came out to Australia to make something of myself, and that is what I plan to do. Feel free to follow me on this journey.

Saturday, July 3, 2010

Wharf St. Bridge


Just finished the bridge painting I did in Bellingen. Funny enough, after fixing it up a little rodent of some sort managed to scurry across the surface when I wasn't looking. If you look closely you can see his little footprints in parts of it. I decided to leave them there to add a bit of character. Thankfully it came out alright in the end, unlike a painting I just did yesterday. It was a river scene but I painted it on an overcast day, which sadly caused my painting to look rather overcast and dull. I will have to go back to the river and see how everything looks with better weather then maybe I can try to salvage the original .
I am in the process of painting Everett on a hilltop overlooking Bellingen using a different technique. By painting many thin layers of oil I can achieve a lot of depth in the landscape behind him. I plan to work up to a thick painterly finish to complete it.

Well, we will be leaving Bellingen on the 7ths and heading to Brisbane by train. I'm hoping it will be a bit more tropic up in those parts and that we'll have a chance to swim in the ocean. Shortly after Brissy, we will head a few Km's south to WWOOF on Russel Island. The place sounds amazing! and i'm sure there will be plenty to paint.

No comments:

Post a Comment