Welcome

Hello,

This once travel/painting blog has molded into my Australia blog. I came out to Australia to make something of myself, and that is what I plan to do. Feel free to follow me on this journey.

Thursday, September 2, 2010

South Curl Curl


This is a view of South Curl Curl from a footpath just south of the beach. I painted this picture from a photo taken while Everett and I were walking to Manly via Queenscliff one sunny afternoon. I really enjoyed how the painting turned out. The darkness in the lower left corner does make it feel a bit bottom heavy but definitely gives the scene some depth. Peering out though the trees, you easily follow the mans gaze along the coast and out as far as the eye can see, where the ocean and sky converge to a hazy yet distinct horizon. It could probably do with a few less branches poking out from the sides. Definitely a painting I wouldn't mind trying again, this time on proper canvas. I've been making due with a strange canvas paper while Ive been out of $, but even that is running low. Luckily I received my first pay check just recently! Time to spend some money.

The Cafe is going well. I love my coworkers but hate the boss. Hmmm I hope she doesn't read this... I guess I wouldn't say that I hate her, its just the way she manages that gets me off. She can be quite bossy and frantic at inconvenient times, a real high strung women. Not the kind of attitude a manager in the hospitality industry should have. But hey, it's great experience and the pay is good(compared to what I made back home), so i'll make due.

I am still having trouble making up my mind. I have to decide whether or not I should (A) stay here and study out west in Perth, or (B) come back home and celebrate Thanksgiving and Christmas with the family, work as a barista in my home town and start up University in the Spring. Or there is option C; Fly home for a few months then come back to Oz in February when school starts. I just can't make up my mind. Maybe I will go see a fortune teller. Maybe not. What is your opinion, my dearest reader? Option A, B, or C.

No comments:

Post a Comment