Welcome

Hello,

This once travel/painting blog has molded into my Australia blog. I came out to Australia to make something of myself, and that is what I plan to do. Feel free to follow me on this journey.

Monday, September 13, 2010

Muttonbird Island


The view from Muttonbird Island in Coffs Harbor on an overcast day. A lone fisherman enjoying the peace and quite along the island's rocky edge. I painted this yesterday along with another of the same scene. However, I still have a few things to work on with this other painting. It highlights the oceans power as a huge wave crashes against the peninsula near where the man is fishing. The only problem is that painting an exploding wave is pretty darn hard. I think I will let that painting dry, and go back over it with several layers to achieve that highly topographical, chunky, yet soft look a wave has as it BAM! hits a rock. haha i'm sure there is a word for that feature, a 'Blowhole' would be my closest description. Anywho, It will be up sometime this week.

Last week I worked 50 hours at my cafe and 7 at another cafe in Balgowhal. Talk about a busy week! This was only because someone quit without notice. Ideally I would like to work 35-40 hours a week, which is what I will be scheduled for from now on(as long as no one else quits out of the blue).

I will be heading up the the Hunter Vally for a weekend (October 2-3) with a group of travelers I haven't met on a 'Grape Excursion'. It is an organized event with a group of about 20 travelers. We will be heading up together on a bus that stops at several different vineyards for wine tasting and tours, spend the night at a nice hostel in the hills, and have the following day to muck around on our own. The Hunter valley is renown for its fertile soil and optimal growing conditions. We'll be able to sample the best wine in the region and purchase a at real Fair Dinkum price. As low as $3 a bottle(if you're lucky)!!

I am quite excited to get out and have a bit of fun with other travelers. I will be sure to take heaps of photos and sketches, and paint you all about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment