Hello,
This Journey started a few weeks ago in Jindabyne, NSW where I was first introduced to oil painting by the landscape artiest, Alan Grosvenor. The first lot of my paintings were done there in the Snowy Mountains with Alan. He gave me a few lessons on the importance of color mixing and composition, we painted a boat(left), and i was hooked! Eager for more, I spent the following two days in his studio slapping paint to canvas creating puddles of mud and the occasional work of art. I quickly learned to plan my attack prior to poking color around. Alan could tell that I was enjoying myself a little too much and that he wasn't getting his studio back anytime soon. So, in an attempt to liberate himself, Alan set me up with one of his old paint kits which contained everything I would need to destroy the world.
Since then I have Traveled to Sydney to meet my brother Everett who has come out to see the country. Tomorrow we will be heading north to Bellingen to WWOOF. I hear it's a lovely place. I will paint you the area when we get there.
Until then
Leighton
That is a lovely picture you have created, you have a lot of skill with a brush, good luck with future works.
ReplyDeleteI am excited to see what you will have for us in Bellingen.